The Scott City R-1 Board of Education met in regular session at 6:30 on March 18, 2020. Board members Scott Amick, Gary Miller, Matt Underwood, Tim Lowery, Ronald Gray, Kenny Ingvalson, and Heraleen Bowers were present.
The Board conducted the following business.
- Superintendent Umfleet discussed with Board that even though school had been shut down until April 6, they would continue to distribute meals through the bus routes.
- Stan Seiler of EBA Insurance Group told the discussed our proposed rates for each insurance plan would increase from 7.7%-10.2%. He also reminded the Board that EBA is a fully funded consortium and that no assessments would be issued.
- The Board voted to stay with EBA as our insurance provider for the plan year beginning July 1, 2020.
- The Board approved the motion to no longer require ACT Prep to be a graduation requirement since the state no longer requires every student to take the ACT.
- The Board approved the motion to change HS Government from a semester class into a full year class.
In Closed Session the following business was conducted.
- The Board voted to accept the resignations of Elizabeth Kluesner, Judy Hoffmeister, Brad Lenaburg, Kyle Clay, and Emily Echols effective the end of the 2019-20 school year.
- A teacher and her MSTA representative addressed the Board.
- The Board voted to hire Adam Carter, Curtis Finley/Girls’ Basketball, Quinton Stevens, Stacy Landawee, Miranda Smith, Lindsey Brown, Stacy Cossey, Hannah McClarney, Tana McKenzie, Laura Sterling, Angela Huckstep, Amber Rose, Elizabeth Thomas, Carmen Winders, Amy Barks, Miranda Cruz, Katie Ramirez, Robert Williamson, Lauren Barr, Richard Conaway, Amanda Dannenmueller, Diane Lenaburg, Jon Schumer, Robert Vazquez, Olivia Wilcoxson, Karen Breeding, Abigale Foster, and Sydney Scherer for the 2020-21 school year.