The Scott City R-1 Board of Education met in regular session at 6:30 on January 15, 2020. Board members Scott Amick, Gary Miller, Matt Underwood, Tim Lowery, Ronald Gray, and Heraleen Bowers were present.
The Board conducted the following business.
- Middle school sponsors Heidi Schiwitz and Cindy Tew brought 3 of their student council officers. The students discussed the different activities that the student council has participated in; Veteran’s Day Assembly, back pack program, school dances and fun nights, and filling boxes for the Southeast Food Bank.
- The Board approved the motion to accept the CSIP that was presented by our CSIP chair, Vicki Helderman.
- The Board approved changing the wording for the number of teacher days in their contracts to read “up to 180 days,” in order to better represent our school calendar.
In Closed Session the following business was conducted.
- Student issues were discussed.
- The Board hired Kelsi Siebert as an elementary teacher for the remainder of the school-year.
- The board voted to give Superintendent Umfleet a 3-year contract, extending his contract through the 2022-23 school-year.